VTSP-2A Vacuum Tube Stereo Preamplifier
(with remote control)
"Suddenly, each player's intention and contribution is writ clear, his or her part in the whole laid bare, whilst at the same time, the chemistry thus revealed keeps the whole greater than the sum of the parts. The results are impressive, engaging and informative in equal measure, allowing the listener full rein to explore the complexities or simply beauty, whatever the music."
- Roy Gregory hi-fi+ Issue 42
"I've been extremely satisfied with the vocal reproduction on VTSP-1, but VTSP-2 offers more "flesh and blood". The tasty metallic tenor sax from Sonny Rollins - Way out West or the warmth of Ben Webster's Ballad is simply unforgettable."
- Thomas Leung Audiotechnique Magazine 2005 Issue #1
"[The] Herron VTSP-2 is a very reasonably priced preamplifier and it re-creates absolute Hi-End sonic performances...at this moment, there's not a single competitor for this high class VTSP-2 preamplifier..."
- Mr. Y.K. Chan, Audiophile Magazine - The High End Audio Journal of Hong Kong: October 2004, Editor's Important Notice (Herron VTSP-2 Tube Line Stage)
The Herron Audio VTSP-2A vacuum tube preamplifier is designed to take the listener as close as possible to the original live musical performance.
State-of-the-art components and innovative design are combined using a purist approach that provides utmost clarity and reproduces the emotion, dynamics, and passion of the musical performance without adding or subtracting any colorations or distortions of its own.
The clarity of its performance is true to the source.
The VTSP-2A employs a volume control system very similar to the highly-rated Herron Audio VTSP-1A/166, with the addition of a remote control and level display. The VTSP-2A volume control provides 100 steps of discrete and precise channel-to-channel matched level control. The electronic stepped attenuators provide distortionless volume control that will not degrade with time or use.
The front-panel displays on the VTSP-2A are powered from individual latches and are not sequentially flashed (multiplexed) as in most display designs. This more-costly approach means that each relevant display element is continuously illuminated, and no audio signal path interference is generated from the display.
The VTSP-2A front-panel input controls (and remote control) operate individual sealed gold-contact relays, located at the input connectors to insure pure connections, short signal paths, and long life.
Available in black or silver.
|Remote control functions
- Multifunction remote control
- Volume level display (0 - 100)
- Home theater bypass function - initiated by holding "video" button
- Non-multiplexed display eliminating radio and audio inteference
- Switchable absolute polarity
- 100-step volume control system with precision tracking and low distortion
- Full-range, infinite-resolution indirect signal path balance control
- Stereo/mono switch
- Mute control
- Display brightness control
- Tape out/in loop
- Low noise design
- High input-signal capacity without overload
- Automatic muting at startup and shutdown
- Gold plated, Teflon-insulated RCA connectors
- Hand-picked components for accurate response and consistent unit-to-unit quality
- Reversing power line (AC) polarity switch for minimizing line-to-chassis reactive currents and noise pickup
- Each unit is given an extensive burn-in, including rigorous bench and listening tests
|Frequency Response||1 Hz to beyond 100 kHz, 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.1 dB|
|Output Impedance||100 ohms nominal at 1 kHz|
|Input Impedance||100,000 Ohms|
|Volume Control||100-position electronic stepped attenuator, maximum differential ±0.1 dB channel to channel|
|Distortion||<0.01% THD + Noise @ 1 volt r.m.s. output|
|Dimensions||18" wide x 3.5" high x 10.5" deep|
|Warranty||3 years, parts and labor; tubes: 90 days|
Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Herron Audio. All rights reserved.
Herron Audio, div. of Herron Engineering, Inc.
12685 Dorsett Road #138, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 U.S.A.